Reproduction Barbies 50th Anniversary

anniescupboards Reply 10:22 AM





I am just bursting with happiness over here. Its Barbies 50th Anniversary and they released reproductions of the vintage barbies this year. I found all these at my local Walmart. THEY did this before in the 90's. I missed it all in the 90's and to be honest with you I wasn't into Barbies. I wasn't into retro styles. And I didn't have a sewing machine. (ok, I did but it was collecting dust in the closet on that top shelf) BUT all that has changed for me in 2009! I am so excited. I can't wait to see what else they release. I have been looking all over Ebay for some. I cringe at the prices tho. Even reproductions are costly. The shipping alone is half the price of the doll. Yikes. I only adore the vintage barbies or the reproduction ones. I wish I could afford the vintage. I am just too excited cause now I get to play with them. YES I am playing with mine. I will keep everything tho the boxes and goodies and pack those away for safe keeping. Unlike what I did to most of my toys as a child. Oh Why did we cut their hair and paint their nails and put moms sewing pins in the ears?

I got Julia!! Right On! I am looking for Midge! Where are you Midge? Are you coming to the party as well?
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive