playing with mini sewing machine

anniescupboards Reply 3:37 PM
I blogged about this machine a few posts ago. I have not thought of what to name HER. At least we have the "her" part. Well, I have tested this machine on cardstock paper and regular paper. It sews just fine on them both. So if you are thinking of using this for paper projects/crafts I say go for it. I haven't tried any thicker paper. The needle will only handle medium to light weight fabric. Also if you jam too much of a fabric in there the feeder will not feed the fabric properly. SO you will just be sewing in place. You need to be careful when sewing for your first time. I am used to a foot pedal so I am used to having two free hands to guide my work. This one requires me to hold one hand on the machine and one hand on the project. I just have to push the button in once for it to turn on and then press it again to turn off. It does go at a nice pace. Not too fast but not too slow. You may want to sew on a few test scraps before starting your project so you can get use to the speed. You can not change the speed. I recommend you use a sturdy table while using this.

I sewed fabric on top of blue cardstock and then just sewed regular paper together folded in half. The stitches are nice and tight. I say again I am really impressed with this little mini sewing machine.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive