Vintage Toy Sewing Machine

anniescupboards 1 3:43 PM






Oh my this came in the mail today. I purchased this early birthday present for myself on Ebay. I paid $6.00 for it. (i know oh my gosh like 6 whole bucks!) Not much information was given about this toy machine when I found the auction. It was cute, had that corelle vintage dish pattern sort of appeal to it. And gush red vintage thread. So after I got it in the mail today, I had given it a quick bath. Just carefully wiping it down and checking it out. I found out this machine totally works. There is no name on the machine that I can find YET! It was made is Japan. It's battery operated. There is a hand crank inside the secret compartment. Also hidden in there was foot pedal, needle thread, 2 vintage spools with thread and directions on what to do if your machine gets stuck. I just adore the machine has its own case. This machine was very loved, used and cared for. The decals on the front are not stickers. Its actually imbedded and painted. There is a matching pattern on the machine itself. I wish I knew what year it was from. I love the shape and design of it. Its a bit smaller than the metal lunch box I had as a kid. Its going to be perfect in my sewing area. Yipee! PREZZY to myself!

1 comments

Hi,
Just came across your site. My daughter has the same sewing machine given to her by someone. It is not complete, missing the cover the handle and the compartment cover. The name of the machine is an AFSEW. still have the name sicker on hers.

Regards,
Peter

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive