Pin Cushion made the recycled way Part 2

anniescupboards 3 11:17 AM

I have decided to make them this way. I just didnt like the rick rack covering the jar lid. As much I wanted this to clearly be seen as a recycled item. But me the picky person wanted a bit cuter. I mean when they get close enough to it they will pick it up and look at it and know its a baby food jar. Even when they open it. I also wondered how the glue would look on the glass in lets say a years time? Will it yellow? It does not say on the glue itself. So I thought just leave the glass open so you can see whats inside anyhow. I like them much better. I am keeping the one I made yesterday tho. I love pin keeps. I collect ones that strike my fancy and this surely does. I made one with my own ribbon. I just embroidered the letters with my sewing machine and used an plain ecru fabric ribbon. I always forget how to program the letter part on the sewing machine. Its so easy, yet I forget. I am thankful my machine came with a thick manual and a short cut manual. I of course use the short cut manual and it helps me all the time. Remember I purchased this last year? Best sewing machine ever: Bernina Activa 230 Model.

3 comments

Sherry if you eat celery the celery keeper will keep celery for a good couple of weeks....they were made by Tupperware and I thinks still are

very, very nice are they!
Greetings
Antonella

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive