Box Bottoms on dolls

anniescupboards 1 3:05 PM
This is what a box bottom looks like on a handmade doll. Pretty much like a box. Now I am a stuffer. I like to stuff my bodies nice and tight when I make a box bottomed doll. I want them to stay seated. I also stuff a little bit of fish rocks (you know the kind from the aquarium) To give them a little bit of weight to them. I know you can use those poly pellets but I do not think they are heavy enough to keep the dolls up right. Now maybe If I made them bean bag style and loose in the stuffing then I could be ok. But I like firm bodies on my dolls. Its a texture thing. You know how I am about texture in art. I am sure you could use other materials to stuff your dolls but remember if you are selling your dolls you can not stuff them with food (beans, rice, etc) Mice just love that stuff and they have a wonderful sense of smell and the post office has some rules about shipping food products to certain countries and it might look like your smuggling. (haha that is funny to think of rice being smuggled) but its a health violation actually.

1 comments

What a great tip! I am going to try to make a doll and this is good to know! Thanks!

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive