Halloween Time

anniescupboards 1 1:11 PM
I have been sewing up a sock hop costume for Halloween. I am excited about dressing up rockabilly. I'm sure it's not Halloween for some its a lifestyle. I love them for their style! I wanted a poodle skirt but not a poodle skirt. First I wanted to break out of the poodle skirt mold and use a fun dress. I made this dress very full. When I use my crinoline it gets woah really full! I have other accessories that will go with this outfit. Notice I used a cat instead of a poodle? Another mold broken.

I love how dreamy the fabric looks. I had other fabric in mind to use for this outfit. I started sewing it and I messed it up really bad. I was furious. I only spent 8$ on the fabric and I can recycle that fabric into other crafty areas. It was just annoying. But after seeing how this dress came out. I'm not mad at all. In fact, I'm glad I messed up that fabric.

I DIY a pair of cheap shoes. I needed saddle shoes. I saw a few tutorials online and then one of my local friends did it and I was like yesssss! Tell me how!! I just used black acrylic paint.

1 comments

love it! what a cute idea for tennie shoes I love how you just jump right into your creations!
Helen

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive