I am knitting and ITS KNIFTY

anniescupboards 1 11:37 AM
Oh Cheese Cheese Cheese. I know. I totally cheezed it up a bit. After many hours/days of trying to figure out the loom knitting, I am happy to say I DID it. I am knitting a scarf. Ok LIE. I am knitting 2 scarves. I am so excited. I am making this purple one out of thick chunky yarn and I plan to add some off white and some more purple. I want to make the scarf long and thick. I want to be able to wrap it around me a few times and still have length. I just love to snuggle in them. I am making this scarf on the round loom.


I can never just do one thing. I can't. I am obsessive compulsive. Thankfully I use it in crafts. I can never make one of anything. My mind thinks faster than my fingers will allow. I found this amazing color of yarn at Michaels the other day and I had to get it. I am almost finished. It didn't take long to do. Little cat liked this too. She was caught carrying away the ball of yarn. However I was still using it so she didn't get far. Naughty kitty strikes again. I am thinking of making a how to video for this scarf. I have seen the videos out there. Trust me I went thru them all. It would be nice if they started off from the begining and then walk you through to the end. I was stuck at several different areas and had to go to 4 different places to see what to do. Plus that $1.49 booklet I bought at Ac moore that filled in the last piece for me. Gesh. But HEY I am on my way to SEVERAL scarves. So I guess it was worth all the hassle in the end.

1 comments

Hi There!
I would love to encourage you to make the knitting video from the start, and show step-by-steps on how to make the scarves using the Knifty Knitter long-looms. I'm more a visual learner even though I have the same kits you have displayed for the scarves, the booklet is a little confusing. I got it for Christmas '07 and I would love to use it. If you decide to make a video- can ya pretty please leave a tag on my blogger. Also what yarns do you recommend? Brand-wise? Thanks and good luck on your knitting projects! I'm still waiting to use mine! *blush*
~W~

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive