I am making adjustable rings

anniescupboards Reply 10:46 AM
Oh goodness I totally made something I want. It's so cute and adorable. Do they look familiar? Last year for my advent calendar I made these little doll heads and used lolly sticks and felt and made hats and dresses for them. Well the cats in my house stole all the hats off them by Jan 3rd. So I packed the heads away for later use. I found a use! They each have a vintage button on their head as their hat. They are just wood beads glued to an adjustable ring. I hope I tempt a few little girls and ok, some of us taller girls too. (giggle) Wood Doll rings. (gushing)

I am making a few with just vintage buttons. Some I shall stack some of the buttons are just to pretty to stack. The black one looks like a checker piece. And thats another idea I could do. Make Checker Rings. There are so many games in thrift stores with missing pieces so why not make use of them. I can see dice and scrabble tiles as rings too. There is so many options to play with. i get excited thinking of them all.


I was having a hard time getting the rings to dry and not move. Then I decided to use my cupcake pan and fill it with fish rocks and then place the ring in there and let them dry. It worked out perfectly.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive