Retro Altered Wall Art - Spanky Pants

anniescupboards Reply 1:04 PM
I updated this. I decided to add some fun phrases to it. Now I like it even more.

I found this cute ad in my vintage McCall's magazine (1959) Its a Carters ad for underpants. Cept they call them Spanky Pants. I love it! I made it into some wall art. I bought a bunch of wood frames with glass from the thrift store. Cleaned them up, painted them and now I get to fill them full of vintage ads. Mostly all the magazines that I have purchased were all large with large pages. 10 x 13 large. I know. Now a days we only get your standard 8 1/2 by 11. This craft can be addicting and gets very messy very fast. I love it. Not sure how hubby will feel about it. HAHA! (clean freak)
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive