Primitive Prairie Dress with Bonnet Costume

anniescupboards Reply 7:27 AM
I found this handmade Primitive Prairie Dress with Bonnet. I was shocked when I tried it on and it fit me perfectly. Like it was made for me. Its purple but not dark and not too light. When taking this photo it was 90 degrees outside that day. I really have no idea how they would wear these back in the day. Well did they where them here in South Florida? The hat totally protects you for the sun but it makes seeing on either side of you a bit hard.
Its very long. I have to take a bunch of the skirt in my hand while walking.
I used to make these type of gowns and I know how much fabric is needed and the work that goes into them. I paid $7.00 for this handmade costume. You can not even make the hat for that.



I was working my twirl. How else was I gonna get cool?
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive