Playing with Silhouettes

anniescupboards Reply 2:05 PM
I have been making more silhouettes. I have been drawing out a few just free hand. I researched on how to make them from my own profile. All you need is a camera, blank background and you sitting in front of the camera in a profile position. Then you need to take your photo. Then upload it to your computer. Use a program for graphics. (I know, this is why I started drawing my own) Change the setting on your graphics to darken the image. You can also play with the sizing while your in there too, or use your scanner/printer. Then you print and then cut out. Instant profile of yourself. Yet not very instant. But I think you get the idea. I wanted different profiles and not mine. Yet this would be a good project for me to do. I could have hubby and me do some profile photos and make pillows for our bed with them. Maybe.
I am trying to play with different trims and seeing how they look and work with each other.
I am going to be offering the silhouettes I am drawing for sale. I shall make them a pattern and put them in pdf form and in different sizes in case some are unable to have access to making them smaller and larger. I think 3 sizes would be helpful right? I hope to get the pattern made really soon. I have drawn out 5 different profiles so far. This is one of them.
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Bit about Me!

My photo
Hi, I am Sherry. A mama with 2 boys, a wonderful hubby and the love for art, fashion and food. I am a primitive doll maker who is in love with all types of crafts. I love to make and sew with my Bernina sewing machine. You can find me shopping for vintage locally. I just adore all things vintage. Green crafting too. I love to repurpose items and I have a love affair with vintage Pyrex. Thanks for peeking in! Drop me a line anytime!

Facebook

Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

I blog here too!


Blog Archive